Pages

7.06.2009

It's Cocktail Time...

To start off my week of party recipes, I thought I'd give you a cocktail, just to set the mood. Sangria, the fruity Spanish wine cocktail, seemed fresh and summery to me, so I randomly selected a palatable-looking version that incorporated peaches, my favorite summer fruit. Although I generally hate wine in all its forms, I actually liked this sangria, so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Strawberry Peach Sangria
adapted from Bon Apétit, August 2005

1 750mL bottle white zinfandel
1 375mL bottle orange muscat dessert wine
1 1/2 c. sliced strawberries
3 peaches or nectarines, sliced
1 large orange, cut crosswise into slices
1 large lemon, cut crosswise into slices
1 c. peach schnapps

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher, mashing citrus lightly. Let stand at room temperature for two hours prior to serving, or chill for at least four hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment