Pages

3.31.2010

Un-bull-ievable...

Loyal readers, I have a confession to make. I haven't been entirely honest with you these past couple weeks. If you've been following my Facebook feed (which, I discovered, many of you are), then the cat's out of the bag, but for those of you who don't, I have a piece of exciting news: I have a new boyfriend. It all seems slightly surreal, but as the reality of it sinks in, I couldn't be happier. I've been keeping things under wraps for a while now, but we're ready to go public, so allow me to own up to a few omissions of truth in some of my recent posts. My trip to the Museum of Science and Industry? Our first date. The Hurt Locker? Date number two. I was reluctant to write about our budding relationship until I was certain things were going somewhere, but now I'm ready to share my joy with all of you.

His name is Zac, and as most of you probably already know, we met on an online dating site, which I am not even embarrassed about. Back in February (not coincidentally, around the time of Valentines Day), I had decided that enough singledom was enough already. If I wanted to make a change, I would have to be proactive. Love wasn't going to just fall in my lap; I had to go looking for it. So, inspired by one of my friends who had joined the same site, I signed up. I had a couple misadventures, a couple dates that were duds, but then I met Zac, and things started looking up. We've been seeing each other exclusively for about a week and a half now.

Last night, we went on a bit of a special date. You see, Zac had mentioned that he is a Phoenix Suns fan (a little bit traitorous to our fair city, but I'm willing to look past it), but that he had been unable to get tickets to the upcoming Suns/Bulls game. Having more than a few connections by way of my father, I tapped my network and secured some tickets. Not just any old tickets, mind you, incredible tickets. Second row tickets! And there were four of them, so I invited along my friend Mireya, the consummate Chicago sports enthusiast, and her gentleman friend for a double date.

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you me and Zac.

Now, I don't follow basketball very closely whatsoever, but it is probably my favorite of the mainstream sports that are typically broadcast on television. I appreciate that it is played on a timer, unlike baseball, and that the action keeps moving, unlike football. Even though the noise level was intense, and the constant barrage of sensory stimuli was a little overwhelming, it wasn't an unpleasant way to spend the evening. Mostly, I was just happy that Zac was having such a good time. He had been sick the entire week prior to the game, and I was thankful to be able to do something nice for him to take his mind off things.

Our seats were so close, it was practically like watching the game on television. In the center is #13, Joakim Noah, the only Bulls player I can visually identify, due to his distinctive coif.

Coincidentally, Zac's favorite player for the Suns is also #13, Steve Nash.

There you have it, full disclosure. It's a relief to be honest with all of you, especially about something so important in my life. You should get used to hearing about Zac; I have a sneaking suspicion he might just be around for a while...

3 comments:

  1. I am told by authoritative sources that Steve Nash does, in fact, rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Thanks for sharing! In the future I'll try to avoid late night phone calls to your mom. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday wishes and Happy Relationship wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete