Pages

4.13.2011

Dedicated To The One I Love...

Six months ago today, I was putting on my cutest dress, pairing it with strappy sandals that were no longer really seasonally appropriate for October, and trying to stifle a serious set of nerves -- I was going on my first date with Justin. On one hand, it seems hard to believe that it has only been half a year: I feel like I've known him forever. On the other hand, it astonishes me that six months have already flown by and we fell so in love so quickly. Six months together makes this not only my longest-lasting relationship but also the happiest, most stable, most mature relationship I've ever had.

A couple months ago, whilst perusing my usual assortment of blogs, news, and editorial sites on the web, I came across an Elizabethan-era love poem that made me think of my relationship with Justin. I emailed it to myself where I could reread it from time to time, and I often think of its words when I'm spending time with him. Since I've come to associate it so closely with my feelings towards Justin, I thought I would let it speak for me today, since I've already written at length about my love for this man. Happy six-month anniversary babe!

"My True Love Hath My Heart"

by Sir Philip Sidney

My true love hath my heart and I have his,

By just exchange one for another given;
I hold his dear, and mine he cannot miss,

There never was a better bargain driven.

His heart in me keeps him and me in one,

My heart in him his thoughts and senses guide;

He loves my heart, for it was once his own,

I cherish his, because in me it bides.
My true love hath my heart and I have his.

No comments:

Post a Comment