Pages

7.18.2010

The Way To A Man's Heart...

I've always been an ardent believer in the old adage that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I've been plying the men in my life with baked goods for years now, and this weekend was no different. After Zac commented that I hadn't baked anything for him in a while, I made him a batch of his favorite cookies -- M&M chocolate chip. Figuring they would appeal to my young houseguests, I also shared them with my family, who were big fans. In fact, I had to cut them off so I'd have some left for Zac. As for me, I wasn't particularly fond of the extra crunch lent by the candy coating; I would have preferred straight up chocolate chips, but sometimes you have to give the people what they want.

I am totally in love with my Wilton icing colors. I've never been able to produce such vibrant "S" cookies before!

Not unlike the other cookies I baked this weekend. With Dad's birthday on Monday, it was time to prepare another batch of "S" cookies. They might be a family tradition, and Dad's favorite pastry, but having both them and the M&M cookies in the house at the same time really threw the flavor disparity into stark contrast. "S" cookies are very much an acquired taste, but they made Dad happy, so it was worth the time and effort. He even went so far as to proclaim them just as good as my Nana used to make, elaborating that my practice over the years has indeed, made perfect. He quickly added, however, that if I wanted to keep practicing, that would be okay by him...

No comments:

Post a Comment